Wednesday, January 19, 2011

i love valentine's day

i say it every year and i'll say it again, i LOVE valentine's day.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 

that said, here is the first of some valentine's day goodies i've been working on.  

i saw this tutorial on towel belts.  i know, who'da thunk it right?  i certainly didn't.  until i saw it....

now, i could lie and say that i thought this would be useful for me and all my towel frustration. but i don't cook and i have honestly never had a 'towel-always-falling-on-the-floor' dilemma.  

however,  i was intrigued. mostly because i thought, "can i crochet something like that?"

you bet your ass i can!

here's the before: 

and here's the after!  no towels fallin' over here!  


please know that i'm not making fun of those who's towels are often found on the floor. i'm making fun of myself because i'd too have this issue, if i cooked.  ever.  as in, using my oven to cook food.  

i should try it someday i suppose.  but until then, i'm going to sit back and admire the cuteness.  

5 comments:

stewbert said...

That towel is adorable! I might have to try the towel belt thing because we DO have that problem.

Unknown said...

Look at that pink and white goodness!! It looks like frosting :)

steph k said...

oh I like that better than the towel ring! SO CUTE!

I have placemats that match that towel! I love Target and their v-day stuff. :D

steph k said...

also, I demand this pattern because I'm too lazy to figure it out myself. lol

kamcicle said...

will attempt to remember how i did it! it's way fast and simple. it's a nice alternative to those crocheted toppers. which, i also love because they remind me of my mom.