Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the inner bitty is now the outer bitty

this christmas was spent making things for other people. 

as i was thinking about what i wanted to make for myself, i realized that i wanted to sew a slipcover for my chair cushion.  but then i realized that my cat would just lay on this new slip cover and ruin it.  like she does everything else. 

she lays on everything.  she especially likes things that have been freshly washed.  i've caught her in my laundry basket...and my jammy drawer. but that was my fault because i left the drawer open. 

i couldn't have her ruin the new slip cover, so i made a slip cover...cover?  let's think of a fun name!

here she is messing with the yarn. she can't keep her hands to herself for 5 seconds. 


it's a kitty cozy!  she wasn't too happy with me at this point. i made her get in it so i could take the picture....


see how she looks like she's about to make a run for it?  she's thinking, "i'm going to murder you in your sleep...."


here she is snuggled up.  a kitty snuggie?  hehe...she got in it on her own this time.  does she kind of look like she has a lazy eye?  she does walk into walls on occasion....she also looks like she's still plotting my demise...


ahhhh.....sleepy time now.  



doesn't she look so cozy?  i'm such an old lady.  because this is my idea of a good time.

and should i be embarrassed that there are 5 pictures of my cat in this post? i promise i do stuff.  




5 comments:

stewbert said...

awwwww, she loves it!! nice!

Kathleen said...

That is adorable and she likes it. You are so cute and made her look even cuter. Awesome I say.

kamcicle said...

hey thanks! she fits perfectly. i think i'm going to tie the sides to the chair so it stays standing up in the back. she apparently doesn't like being covered...maybe she'll get used to it? and save my chair in the process...

Unknown said...

Genius! You have to make the kitty think you don't want her on it and then she'll never get off of it. They think they're so sneaky...

kamcicle said...

ooh good thinking! i did come home last night and find it all wonky, so she's been rollin' around in it. she likes it more than she's letting on.