Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a Struggle

I know, I know, a month with no cute crochet updates?! It's a crying shame. Sadly it's been a slow first quarter for the crochet gals with major dips in mojo. Hopefully the changing seasons will inspire some more action, but all has not been forgotten thus far!
(although camera batteries have been forgotten thus far so camera phone pics it is...again...I KNOW tsk tsks all around)

After last month's hat fiasco I decided to make a couple more things to send to my nieces and nephew. I got started on an adorable little ruffle purse and then got bored doing the ruffles. Normally I would NEVER tire of ruffles, but it just was that kind of month so the bag metamorphasized into this little sweetness.

Because of the color, shape, and time of year, my coworkers helped reveal its true purpose in life as an easter basket. Works for me!

Now that the girls were covered I couldn't forget the most adorable little nephew ever. Need proof? Ok you asked for it. Prepare to awww...

Notice I said most adorable nephew. No fair saying your own kid is cuter, of course they are. But as nephews go, this guy is tops!

Boys are tough. There are mountains of goodies that are girl appropriate, but far less for boys. At least far less that won't get him beat up at school. Of course my nephew is hardly school aged, but I digress. I decided to make him a pair of these cutie patootie booties. Which are fast and easy and I'm in love with them. One looks longer than the other but I just messed around with the other one more and stretched it out a tad.

So you see, no need to fear. Even when things are a little slow, they're still ahappenin' in our little crochet world. 

Coming soon (I promise camera batteries will have been purchased), we have a new bed for this lovely lady.
She's even dressed up in her Dodge Ram bandana from the rodeo. This chick comes to visit every other weekend and so far, I've only had this meager setup for her. A tupperware container for water, two old pillows and a spare fleece blanket thrown over them. Such a pretty gal deserves a little comfort at least so I'm making a dog bed for when she comes to visit. I really should get at least a water bowl too somewhere along the line. Anyway, here's a sneak peek at the 70's-aliciousness that will be her bed. Good things dogs are color blind. They are right?

I actually think because of the design that it will be cuter than I originally thought. We'll see. :)
 

2 comments:

kamcicle said...

i have seen these a in person and these pics just don't do them justice. i can't wait for new batteries!!! so cute!

Kathleen said...

Those are adorable. . . . . I need to see one in person. . . . you guys are the greatest!