Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Post Is Brought To You By....

Camera phones! When nothing, but the best will do! (Except that it has to because your real camera's batteries died)

We now rejoin Shannon in the midst of her dilemma...
*wimper*...*sniff*....*panicked shifty eyes***

*whine*But I'm soooo close..... *wringing hands*

   *SOB* BOOOOOOHooooHooooHoooHooo

This is quite possibly the saddest day ever. No..more..cotton. This empty shell of ice-cream-cone-crave-inducing cardboard used to be this thing of beauty:
The Sugar 'n Cream 1 lb Cone. (in white though)

My latest obsession. Everything I make lately has a little SnC in it somewhere. And the cone teases you by making it feel like it will be there forever. Then, when you're 2/3 of the way through making the back of one helluva cute pillow, it's gone. Just like that! And here I thought it would be there for me through thick and thin. Through wonky washclothes and lovely textured flower pillows alike. Yet I find myself here, alone longing for its natural cotton absorbency to soak up my salty tears.

Lucky for me I have a little something goin' on the side. *wink wink* *elbow nudge* I got all of the supplies to start my coworker's American Flag afghan and I'm extra excited. I showed her the colors I picked out (duh, I know red white and blue. I'm talking about shades) and have her blessing, so I'm off! Maybe a little space from my SnC obssession will do me some good. I might have been getting a tad codependant.

Oh! Did I ever show you these adorable little guys?
Cute huh? I made these guys nearer to the beginning of October and they've been keeping me company at work. Those little faces just make my day. They're so cute, in fact, that I'm having trouble taking them home and packing them away. It feels so wrong. I do have plans to make a crazy adorable little gobbler so I might let these guys hang around until the new bird is in town. We shall see.....

1 comment:

kamcicle said...

i loves me some cotton yarn.

i think we're on the road to becoming yarn snobs. :) pretty soon, we'll be on the hard stuff.