Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bags, Pouches, and Cozies...Oh My!

I love purses. I have several, but I wish I had a million. In fact I have a few crochet patterns that I plan on doing so I can have more. But I collect so much junk in my purse that it makes it really hard to switch them out. I end up using the same one until it dies because it's too much of a hassle to move everything. I could just pare down and only have the "musts" like my wallet and phone, but that's boring too. I like being prepared with a variety of lip glosses, ibuprofen, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, etc. My boyfriend likes to joke about me getting this super trendy item to keep everything in order and movable:
I laugh, but little does he know I don't think it's a bad idea. Too bad it's sooo ugly. And I wanted something that you could use for different sizes and shapes of bags. And I'd rather spend my money on other things. Cuter things. 

Cool-chet to the rescue! I decided I'm going to make pouches/cozies for everything. That way if I have a small bag, I can just grab the pouches that have the necessities. If I have a big bag, I can grab them all! And then they're cuter and I have plenty of yarn so they're free.

I had thought about doing this for awhile, but other projects got me sidetracked. In an effort to save some money by crocheting Christmas presents, I was making face scrubbies and washclothies(?). I got partially through with one and finished off deciding I'd come back to it later. This, folks, is a bad idea. If you're like me, you'll get crochet amnesia and totally forget how you were doing them. And then you'll get this:


Nice huh? Actually I think it looks kind of like a smiley face. It was bigger, but only a few rows bigger. I toyed with the idea of giving it to someone anyway, but I didn't really want to give someone a wonky half smiley skinny washcloth. So I took it apart and started in on my cozies. I had enough to do 2 little guys; one for my lipglosses and one for my hand sanitizer & dental floss. Check this shizz out:


I'm digging the diagonal tab. It didn't start out intentional but by the end it sure was!

Not too shabby eh?

1 comment:

kamcicle said...

you're the cutest. i love them!