Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Busy as a Bee

Hey there, it's Shannon here! Kami is way faster at crocheting than I am so she does like 5 posts to my 1 but never, fear, I'm keeping busy. Stick with me folks and you'll see a world of cuteness that will amaze you! Are you ready for the longest crochet post ever? Great! Here we go....

Exhibit A:
It's getting close to Halloween. I'm not sure if you realized. There are some fun chicks at my job who LOVE Halloween and really get into the spirit of things. Last year they started a tradition of decorating mini pumpkins. So I was sitting there thinking about what to do to my pumpkin and it dawned on me *ding* Cinderella's coach. So that night I got all excited and got to work. I had to get some wire from teh store, but I already had everything else so it was nice and cheap. Here's my "blank canvas":

Mini things are so stinkin' cute eh? so I took one of these bad boys home and primed it with white primer. Then I spray painted it silver. Then I got to work with my wire and needle nosed pliers. (FYI: Be careful or wear gloves or something. I was bending away and next thing I knew, there was blood on my hands, arms, etc. etc. Please don't die making this project. It's cute but it's not worth it)


I was using a picture from the Disney movie as inspiration. I bent the wire into two sections like this one for the wheels. Then I took straight bits and wired them together. Then I sealed all the edges with hot glue. Because I'm obssessed.


Then I did a simple crochet around the whole frame with white acrylic yarn. Kind of like you see on your grandma's hangers. I made a little corkscrew out of the wire to twist around the stem and glued it into place as well. It's cute as it is no? But still a little too plain. I wanted a tad more bling. So it morphed into this and here it is on display at work.
I did some cute little flowers and tied them onto the frame. Then I made a big leaf and tied it onto the pumpkin. Now I can't stop staring at when I should be working!
*I'm linking this to any party I can find that's Halloween related so if this is the project you came to see, you can stop here. OR you can continue to see more crazy cute crochet! (see the bottom of the post for linky parties)*

 Have I mentioned how annoying it is that blogger saves every 1 minute and jumps around in the post while I'm trying to type and move pictures? Ok, moving on.


Exhibit B:
Another Cozy!!! This guy is going to go into my car for car wash coins. Fun stuff eh?
Best part about it? You can put things IN it.

See?

Exhibit C:
Baby Hair Dealies!
I whipped these bad boys up for a friend from work. She's going to a baby shower and wanted to throw together some little onesie cupcakes. For the "frosting" on top I made hair accessories that they can use forever!
These three are clips

And this one is a precious little headband



I even glued some felt onto the clippies to protect little soft heads.

I probably drove Jeff crazy making these because I really started venturing into "make it up" territory. I took some basic flower patterns I found online and played with them until they came out in a way I thought was cute. I hope the mom to be likes them as much as I do! Come to think of it, you could really clip them to anything (bags, etc.) as a great little accessory.

Exhibit D:
Ok, let's round this thing out with one of my favorite projects I've ever made. I love this pillow! I loved it since I saw the picture of it and I loved it even more when Kami found the pattern on Ravelry. It was super easy and came together so fast!
I decided recently to do my room in white with various shades of blue and a touch of chocolate brown. This pillow fits right in!


I made the insert with an old pillow case that had a rip in it. I cut out the corner and sewed up one of the unfinished ends. Then I stuffed it and sewed up the other cut end. EASY! Stuff it in the two crochet panels, sew those together and Voila!

So that finishes up the crochet spectacular for the day! I'm going to link this HUGE post up to:
Polly Want A Crafter's Monday Link Party
Just A Girl's Show and Share Party

3 comments:

kamcicle said...

oh. my. good. ness.

that's the cutest shiz i've ever seen!

Rachelle's site said...

Super Cute! Love the Cinderella Pumpkin, awesome!

Sandy Ang said...

Love the pumpkin carriage !